Battle at Big Rock is a 2019 science fiction action adventure short film, directed by Colin Trevorrow and written by Emily Carmichael. It stars newcommers André Holland, Natalie Martinez, Melody Hurd and Pierson Salvador.
A spin off of 2018's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the story takes place in Big Rock National Park one year after the events at Lockwood Manor, where dinosaurs were set free and now are forced to co-exist with humanity. The setting is 20 miles away from where the Lockwood Manor is located at Big Rock National Park.
Battle at Big Rock was released on FX in the United States on September 15, 2019 with an international online release immediately after.
The story follows a family of five whose encounter with these wild animals becomes a terrifying fight for survival.
- André Holland as Dennis
- Natalie Martinez as Mariana
- Melody Hurd as Kadasha
- Pierson Salvador as Mateo
- Chris Finlayson as Greg
- Noah Cole & Ethan Cole as Dennis' and Mariana's baby
List of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Creatures in the Short Film
- Compsognathus (End Credits)
- Mosasaurus (End Credits)
- Parasaurolophus (End Credits)
- Pteranodon (End Credits)
- Stegosaurus (End Credits)
- This is the first time no human dies onscreen in a Jurassic Park production.
- It is currently unknown what this short film is rated by the MPAA, as the MPAA logo appears in the end credits. It is possible that the short film's rating might presumably be PG for action violence.
- This is the first Jurassic World media to not feature Dinosaur hybrids.
- Kadasha fires 2 crossbow bolts in quick succession despite the fact that crossbows need to be reloaded per bolt.