Beneath the Surface is the first episode of the fourth season in the Netflix series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. The episode was released on December 3, 2021.
Out at sea, the campers see sunny skies... then discover a stowaway on board. A surprise attack from the deep leaves them stranded on unfamiliar shores.
The campers are sailing in the middle of the ocean and are generally happy. Kenji, however, still holds resentment towards Darius for putting Brooklynn's life at risk. When Brooklynn attempts to soothe Kenji's anger, Kenji begins looking at Brooklynn in a different light. The boat gets stuck on some kelp, which prompts Darius to get in the water and remove it. While Darius gets stuck in the process following with him being tailed by the Mosasaurus, he saved by Kenji and there friendship appears to be restored. The campers are then attacked by the Mosasaurus who destroys the ship, which leads to the campers being swept away onto an island not on Coasta Rica. The six go into a cave in order to possibly find shelter for the night.
Characters and Cast
- Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius Bowman, a camper and dinosaur expert
- Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus, a sensitive and bookish camper
- Kausar Mohammed as Yasmina Fadoula, an athletic camper
- Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, a camper and social media personality
- Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon, a wealthy camper
- Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez, a boisterous and friendly camper
- It was revealed that the dinosaur that stowaway aboard the boat is a lone Compsognathus.
- This is the last and final appearance of the late deceased hunters - Mitch and Tiff's yacht and it's officially destroyed by the Mosasaurus.
- It was revealed that Brooklynn has two dads.
- The Mosasaurus attacking the yacht is very similar to Jaws as a theme reference.
- There is a goof in this episode. Yaz had drawn a picture of all six of the kids on the ferry ride to Isla Nublar at the veginning of the show, but Kenji was not on the ferry as he had been flown to the island in a helicopter.