Clever Girl is the fourth episode of the third season in the Netflix series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. The episode was released on May 21, 2021.
A thrilling chase brings Darius, Kenji and Yaz to the old Jurassic Park Visitors Center. Elsewhere on the island, Brooklynn and Sammy find a secret lab.
After reading that the sealant dries in 48 hours, the group separates; Kenji, Yaz, and Darius search for a Compy dinosaur that stole their compass and Sammy and Brooklynn investigate the meaning behind "E750". At the Visitor Center, Kenji, Yaz, and Darius hide and are attacked by "Blue" (the Velociraptor from Jurassic World). After a chase, Blue is pinned under a vehicle, and the trio decides to rescue it. Meanwhile, Sammy and Brooklynn find the "E750" room and several pre-recorded videos from Dr. Wu, revealing the eponymous creature to be an aggressive hybrid dinosaur known as the "Scorpios rex".
Characters and Cast
- Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius Bowman, a camper and dinosaur expert
- Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus, a sensitive and bookish camper
- Kausar Mohammed as Yasmina Fadoula, an athletic camper
- Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, a camper and social media personality
- Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon, a wealthy camper
- Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez, a boisterous and friendly camper
- Glenn Chun as Dr. Henry Wu, chief geneticist at Jurassic World
- Roger Craig Smith as a scientist
- The episode's title is a reference to the original Jurassic Park where Robert Muldoon said his last words to the Big One.
- This title could reference the fact Blue is a Velociraptor due to her intelligence or reference Sammy being smarter than Brooklyn to solve the mystery of E750 usually Brooklyn is the smart one.
- Dr. Wu explains in his digital log entry #239 that Scorpios rex was the "world's first hybrid dinosaur." It was made before Indominus rex but was rejected by Mr. Masrani for being "too ugly" for displaying to the public. This would also answer the question of whether the Jurassic Park III Spinosaurus was a hybrid.
- In the episode, Yasmina Fadoula referenced the original Jurassic Park novel when she was talking about how John Hammond broke his ankle and was killed by Compies. Except in the novel, John did break his leg, but he wasn't killed by Compies; he was killed by Procompsognathus.
- This is the second appearance: The ruins of the Visitor Center (Jurassic Park) was originally first appearance and discovered by Zack and Gray in Jurassic World (2015) later in Camp Cretaceous (Season 3) the ruins were discovered by Darius, Kenji and Yaz.
- In the episode, the skull of the T. rex fossil that was destroyed is show to be intact, despite being shown in Jurassic World that it was crushed by the Indominus rex. This is likely a chronological error.