Dilophosaurus is an unlockable dinosaur in Jurassic World: Evolution.
Dilophosaurus fossils are unlocked once the player builds their second Research Center.
Base Stats (at 100% Genome)
- Lower Lufeng Series
- Ziliujing Formation
- Savannah Pattern
- Taiga Pattern
- Wetland Pattern
- Jungle Pattern
- Vivid Pattern
Release From Hatchery
“This dinosaur, the Dilophosaurus, lacks front-facing binocular eyes, a trait common to almost every predator. So instead, it hunted by scent. And now, many predators rely on that sense as well.”
- - Cabot Finch
- "Dilophosaurus uses her distinctive frill to confuse or scare prey, before delivering her venomous spit!"
- "Dilophosaurus is infamous for incapacitating her prey with a venomous spray that can cause blindness. If she opens her frill, you'd better be inside a gyrosphere."
Dilophosaurus has 9 Gap ID slots to modify.
- Dilophosaurus is a small therapod which feeds from any source of meat.
- They form one of the largest of the small therapod social groups and don't tolerate many dinosaurs from other species in their territory.
- Dilophosaurus needs roughly equal grassland and forest regions.
|Ideal Population||0 - 22|
|Social Group||1 - 12|
|Health Recovery||0.17% / s|
|Comfort Recovery||0.45% / s|
|Medical Dart Resistance||60|
|Feeder Type||Carnivore and Live Bait|
- Dilophosaurus was one of the larger therapod predators of the Jurassic Era. Its name measn "double-crested lizard" in reference to the two crests upon its skull.
- As an early predator, it lacked forward facing eyes, so would have relied on scent rather than vision for hunting.
- The first Dilophosaurus specimen was discovered in the Kayenta Formation in Arizona, USA in 1942. So far only one confirmed species has been found.
- The Kayenta Formation was once a silt-rich river basin with slow-moving water. It supported abundant animal and plant life.
- On top of the small carnivore animations, Dilophosaurus has its own unique animations.
- The Jungle pattern can only be unlocked once the player creates a 5 star park on Isla Muerta on Jurassic difficulty.