| "'Ooh, ah,' that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and screaming."
This page contains spoilers from an upcoming, or newly released, installment of the Jurassic Park franchise. If you don't want spoilers, leave the page!
Eddie was one of Dr. Henry Wu's assistants at the genetics lab. He was first seen working alongside Wu when Dave and Roxie brought Brooklynn, Ben Pincus, Sammy Gutierrez and Yasmina Fadoula to the facility for a tour while Kenji Kon and Darius Bowman were cleaning Dino poop back at camp as punishment for sneaking into the Velociraptor pen the night before. Later, after the kids escaped from the Indominus rex in an Asset Containment Unit van, they found their way to the Creation Lab and sought refuge inside along with Bumpy. Eddie was the only one present. It was his birthday and he was celebrating it by himself all alone in the darkened lab, complete with a birthday cake and party hat.
He refused to help the children, despite being the only adult present. Upon learning they'd arrived in a vehicle, he immediately abandoned them and ran outside. Kenji had left the keys in the ignition, allowing Eddie to steal the van and drive off in it. Yaz ran after him, but he outdistanced her. Suddenly, the I. rex appeared and sideswiped the van, knocking it off the road. Eddie attempted to get out, but the hybrid circled around, forcing him to get back inside. She thrust her snout in through the open driver's side door, and Eddie climbed into the back, escaping out through the rear doors and climbing under the vehicle to hide.
The Indominus however flipped the van over, revealing Eddie, and she immediately ate him.
After stumbling on a picture of Wu and Eddie, Brooklyn mentions Eddie telling them about the other guys not knowing what was going on.
Eddie, when first shown, seemed to be an obedient scientist working with Dr. Wu, but later, after being abandoned by his coworkers, became heavily paranoid if not crazy. He was also quite pessimistic and bitter, making a big deal about not getting rescued. He appeared to be trusted by Wu, since he knew what was really going on in the lab, but it was hinted he was disloyal and possibly a mole, since he claimed he worked for “other guys.” Ultimately, Eddie proved himself to be a coward, as he abandoned the children and stole their van, without any regrets, one may add.
- Eddie's birthday is the same day as the Jurassic World incident.
- He is similar to the character of Ed Regis in the original novel and Donald Gennaro in the first film, who also abandoned children in a crisis. But whereas Regis and Gennaro ran in a blind panic without thinking, Eddie made a rational decision to take the van and drive off without the kids, making him arguably even more of a coward than them.
- Ironically, Eddie had the opposite personality of Eddie Carr, who sacrificed his life to save Ian, Nick, and Sarah from falling off the cliff.
- It was hinted that Eddie was a spy, since he said he worked for the “other guys,” and was later hinted in Season 2 to have access to E750, a mysterious room with an undisclosed project.
- Eddie was originally going to be eaten by Toro the Carnotarus but it was later changed to the Indominus Rex.￼