- "They're just protecting their baby!"
- —Eddie talking to Ian Malcolm about killing the Stegosaurus attacking Sarah Harding(src)
In The Lost World: Jurassic Park Eddie Carr designed and provided most of the equipment and vehicles used by the InGen Hunters. Eddie only felt contempt for Dr. Ian Malcolm's attitude toward technology, disliking his rough treatment of their equipment. Despite his meek, slow appearance, Eddie was quite intelligent and knew a little about weaponry as well. He brought along a Lindstradt air rifle, loaded with a fast-acting, deadly neurotoxin, to use if necessary. He also brought along a treehouse like structure called a "high hide," which was designed to act as a lookout for the researchers.
When Ian Malcolm, Sarah Harding, and Nick Van Owen were attacked by two Tyrannosaurus rex in the Fleetwood RV Mobile Lab, Eddie leaped heroically into action. He attached the cable winch of his Mercedes M-Class to the bumper of the trailer, trying to keep it held steady and from going over the cliff long enough for them to climb out and get to safety. This action meant he went into reverse and floored the pedal and ultimately destroyed the car.
Unfortunately, this activity caught the interest of the two tyrannosaurs, who reappear from the jungle behind him, much to his horror.
The male rips open the top of the car and destroys the left front door. Panicking, Eddie throws himself to the side, then under the dashboard, at the same time attempting to keep his foot on the gas pedal to stop the trailers or himself from being dragged over the cliff. The female, roaring above him, solves this problem for him by planting her foot on the car's hood as her mate continue his assault and tears the now unoccupied driver's seat from the car (inadvertently causing the airbags to inflate). In sheer desparation, Eddie reaches for his rifle to defend himself, but its barrel gets entangled in some netting before he can aim it and fire. He then starts kicking frantically as the male lunges for him again and this is what ultimately leads to his demise. The male snatches Eddie's foot with his mouth and swings him about before he tosses him in the air and bites his head, killing Eddie instantly while the female bites one of his legs. The two Tyrannosaurs then have a tug-of-war with Eddie's corpse before he is torn in half; the male devours his piece first, while the female saves his leg for later.
Shortly after rescuing Dr. Malcolm and crew Roland made a disparaging and vituperative comment regarding Eddie's fate with the T. rex family, but is chastised by a defensive Ian for showing a complete lack of respect even when Eddie had selflessly given his life for theirs.
- When the male and female Tyrannosaurus rip Eddie in half, if you look closely on the left, you can see the female doesn't eat her half of Eddie's legs, perhaps saving them for later, or to give to their infant.
- "Violence and technology, not good bedfellows."
- —When Ian knocks around his satellite phone(src)
- "If you feel at all qualified, try turning the switch to "on.""
- —Eddie to Dr. Malcolm about the radio in the trailer(src)
- "Someone help me! Help! Help me!"
- —last line before being snatched and ripped apart(src)