| "'Ooh, ah,' that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and screaming."
This page contains spoilers from an upcoming, or newly released, installment of the Jurassic Park franchise. If you don't want spoilers, leave the page!
Happy Birthday, Eddie! is the fifth episode in the Netflix series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. The episode was released on September 18, 2020.
After a close encounter with the Indominus, the gang seeks shelter in the genetics lab, where a strange scientist reveals the truth about Dr. Wu.
Very cautiously, Darius and the campers walk through the jungle, ready for any danger that might come their way. Ben is very on edge and Brooklynn is still frustrated about her missing phone. Darius seems to know where they are. The see find some ripped down fences, caused by Indominus who is destroying everything in its path.
Meanwhile, Roxie and Dave are supposed to meet with Claire , their boss but the meeting is delayed. Roxie is suspicious because they’ve been waiting for a really long time. While waiting, Dave is given a birthday card to sign for someone named Eddie. They open up a cupboard full of radios and they can hear chaos happening in the park.
Darius and the group agree to go to the lab but Ben doesn’t want to leave a little dinosaur, named Bumpy, who was left at the lab. The group tells him that the dinosaur is too slow to keep up but Ben refuses to leave him there. Sammy finds a radio and tries to communicate with Roxie and Dave. Brooklynn finds a datapad that has a map of where all the dinosaurs are.
The group hears that the Indominus rex is heading in their direction, so they hop into a van to speed away. The dinosaur chases the van as Kenji drives. The group manages to get into the genetics lab. One of the scientists named Eddie in there is really scared — it was also his birthday so this is a terrible day for him. Darius asks the scientist what the plan is and the man laughs, claiming that they are doomed. He tells them that Dr. Wu got greedy and created monsters.
Eddie runs to their van and drives off without them. The Indominus smashes the van and eats Eddie, shocking everyone. Darius scopes out the area and finds another vehicle. They all move towards it as they evade Indominus. As they run towards the vehicle, Brooklynn falls over and makes a noise, and Indominus goes after them. Darius creates a distraction and eventually, they all drive off.
Roxie radios the group and Darius tells her that they are heading in their direction. As they continue to drive, the vehicle goes over a bump and Brooklynn’s phone drops out of Sammy’s pocket. Everyone sees that Sammy has the phone and Yasmina then suddenly they crashes because she was distracted.
Characters and Cast
- Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius Bowman, a camper and dinosaur expert
- Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, a camper and social media personality
- Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon, a camper and son of a businessman
- Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez, a boisterous and friendly camper
- Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus, a sensitive and bookish camper
- Kausar Mohammed as Yaz Fadoula, an athletic and somewhat shy and introverted camper
- Jameela Jamil as Roxie, a camp counselor
- Glen Powell as Dave, a camp counselor
- James Arnold Taylor as Eddie, one of Dr. Wu's assistants
- This episode occurs concurrently with the scene of the Indominus' slaughter of the ACU, through Zach and Gray's encounter with the Indominus, and shortly afterwards.
- The campers encounter both the destroyed gyrosphere and an Ankylosaurus corpse from these scenes. The gyrosphere in Jurassic World (2015) was shattered by the Indominus Rex after she got her jaws off continue her chase after Zack and Gray. In Camp Cretaceous, Zack and Gray's gyrosphere was undamaged where the Indominus had her jaws on.
- Eddie's death being the result of cowardice/abandoning children is similar to the death of Ed Regis in the Jurassic Park novel and Donald Gennaro in the film counterpart of Jurassic Park.
- This is the last and final appearance where the campers encounter the Indominus rex.