Indominus rex is an unlockable hybrid dinosaur in Jurassic World Evolution.
Base Stats (at 100% Genome)
- Alpine Pattern
- Savannah Pattern
- Rainforest Pattern
- Arid Pattern
- Coastal Pattern
Release From Hatchery
“Okay, I'm not quite sure what you're doing here... other than playing with fire. An Indominus rex? You are creating a hybrid. A dangerous hybrid. You are not only creating life, you're condemning it. Hopefully not your own.”
- - Dr. Ian Malcolm
- "The Indominus rex was InGen's first genetically modified hybrid dinosaur. She is a spectacular attraction that increases guest numbers whenever she is incubated."
- "Safety Protocols have been greatly improved since the events in the 2015 Isla Nublar incident involving the Indominus rex."
Indominus rex has 13 Gap ID slots to modify.
- Indominus rex eats large amounts of meat from any source.
- They are solitary and unusually aggressive, hunting all dinosaurs over a wide territory.
- They prefer large areas of grassland with some forest cover.
|Ideal Population||0 - 10|
|Social Group||0 - 1|
InGen Database Entry
Carnivore and Live Bait
- The Indominus rex (meaning 'fierce or untamable king') was InGen's first genetically modified hybrid dinosaur. While it was intended to be a spectacular new attraction to increase guest numbers and corporate sponsorship, it also formed part of a secret program to create weaponized dinosaurs.
- The events in the 2015 Isla Nublar Incident proved to be disasterous for the park with many guest casualties, as well as dinosaur losses and escapes as a result.
- Dr. Henry Wu created the Indominus rex using DNA from a number of dinosaur species. These included Giganotosaurus, Majungasaurus, Carnotaurus, Rugops, Therizinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus rex and Velociraptor. DNA from modern animals like cuttlefish, tree frogs and pit vipers were also utilized.
- Indominus rex was an engineered hybrid and had no natural ecology. It was raised isolated (after killing its sibling) in its own paddock.
- Indominus rex is the only dinosaur that will hunt sauropods.
- Indominus rex and Indoraptor are the only two dinosaurs that will attack any herbivore regardless of how hungry they are.
- Since there are no fossils of Indominus rex, the genome will always be at 100% completion.
- Indominus rex has two unique hunting animations - one for hunting goats and the other for hunting sauropods.
- Where other carnivores grab the goat directly with their jaws, Indominus rex picks it up with its hand before tossing it into its mouth.
- While hunting sauropods, the Indominus rex will bite the abdomen of the dinosaur before biting down on its neck and slashing its torso.
- The only other creature with unique hunting animations is the Indoraptor.
- Indominus rex has a unique camouflage gene that changes its color to match the forest when comfortable.
- The Coastal pattern can only be unlocked by creating a 5 star park on Isla Nublar on Jurassic Difficulty.