Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous is an upcoming animated action-adventure series set in the Jurassic Park universe. Created by DreamWorks Animation, the series is set to debut exclusively on Netflix in September 18, 2020. The series will be set during the time-frame of the events of 2015's Jurassic World.
Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous will follow the adventures of six teenagers who are chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime experience at an adventure camp on the opposite side of Isla Nublar. However, once the events of Jurassic World occur and the dinosaurs get loose, the teens find themselves stranded. Cut off from the outside world, the six have to rely on each other to survive.
Characters and Cast
- Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius Bowman, a camper and dinosaur expert
- Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, a camper and social media personality
- Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon, a camper
- Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez, a camper
- Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus, a sensitive and bookish camper
- Kausar Mohammed as Yaz Fadoula, an athletic camper
- Jameela Jamil as Roxie, a camp counselor
- Glen Powell as Dave, a camp counselor
List of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Creatures in the Show
- Indominus rex
- Tyrannosaurus rex
Scott Kreamer and Aaron Hammersley will serve as showrunners and executive producers. The series will be executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, Colin Trevorrow and Lane Lueras. Zack Stentz serves as consulting producer.
- This will mark the first official Jurassic Park TV series in history. Universal has tried three times previously, but they never even entered the production phase.
- This will be the first animated TV series to be co-produced by Amblin Television since 2007's The Land Before Time TV series.
- This will be the second DreamWorks Animation TV series based on a Universal Studios film property after Fast & Furious: Spy Racers.
- Mattel have revealed at the SDCC that some of their 2020 toy line will be based upon this show.