Jurassic World: Dominion is the upcoming third film in the Jurassic World trilogy and the direct sequel to 2018's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. It is the sixth film in the Jurassic Park film series and will serve as the conclusion to the Jurassic World saga as a whole.
While Dominion will round out a trilogy of films that began in 2015 with Jurassic World, an interview with Frank Marshall revealed that Dominion will be the beginning of a "new era", hinting at further sequels as a result of Fallen Kingdom's ending.
- Chris Pratt as Owen Grady
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing
- Isabella Sermon as Maisie Lockwood
- Sam Neill as Alan Grant
- Laura Dern as Ellie Sattler
- Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm
- B. D. Wong as Henry Wu
- Daniella Pineda as Zia Rodriguez
- Justice Smith as Franklin Webb
- Jake Johnson as Lowery Cruthers
- Omar Sy as Barry Sembène
- Campbell Scott as Lewis Dodgson
- Mamoudou Athie as TBA
- Dichen Lachman as TBA
- DeWanda Wise as TBA
- Scott Haze as TBA
- In January 2010, Joe Johnston was interviewed by the Box Office Magazine. He talked about the upcoming Jurassic Park sequel trilogy:
- Colin Trevorrow in an interview with JurassicCast confirmed that there will be a trilogy. Throughout the trilogy, Claire's character would evolve the most, mirroring the changing world.
- In an interview with LRM Online, Juan Antonio Bayona also confirmed that a trilogy is being made with Fallen Kingdom being the second chapter in it.
- On February 2018, Universal listed Jurassic World 3 with a tentative release date of June 11, 2021.
- On March 2018, Jeff Goldblum hinted that characters from the original trilogy could cameo in the film.
- Trevorrow later stated that the movie would focus more on real dinosaurs as opposed to hybrids. Additionally, Trevorrow aims for a more science-thriller based film with regards to Jurassic World III's tone, akin to the original Jurassic Park.
- Jurassic World: Dominion may be the first film that Legendary Pictures may not be involved with to co-produce alongside Amblin Entertainment.
- Owen Grady, Claire Dearing, and Maisie Lockwood, portrayed by Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard and Isabella Sermon respectively, are confirmed to return.
- A source confirmed that two new characters so far will be in the film: dinosaur hunter Zane Maxin and an unnamed female Dinosaur Protection Group paleo-veterinarian.
- Trevorrow announced that the sixth film won't involve dinosaurs destroying cities.
- Trevorrow stated that filming will likely commence in early 2020.
- On May 9th, the dinosaurs are both male and female.
- On July 27th, Colin said that the sixth film will be the last movie.
- On August 11th, Kevin Jenkins became the production designer of the sixth film.
- It was confirmed on September 24th that Sam Neill and Laura Dern would reprise their roles as Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler-Degler, as well as Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm.
- The film will be set at the Malta, Mediterranean.
- On September 17th, the Dark Crystal animatronic creator John Nolan heads of to work with the sixth film.
- On October 17th, Mamoudou Athie has joined the cast of the movie in a major but unspecified role. On October 18th, DeWanda Wise has joined the cast.
- On November 7, it was announced that Justice Smith and Daniella Pineda will reprise their roles as Franklin Webb and Zia Rodriguez.
- On December 13, Trevorrow posted a video of a dinosaur animatronic.
- On January 26, Trevorrow teases the final title, stating that it will not have anything to do with the word "extinction".
- On January 31, Trevorrow posted another video of a dinosaur animatronic.
- On February 6, they start casting extras for British Columbia.
- On February 13, Trevorrow announced Jake Johnson and Omar Sy would be reprising their roles as Lowery Cruthers and Barry Sembène respectively.
- On February 18, BD Wong confirmed that he would be reprising his role as Henry Wu.
- On February 18, it was announced that Dichen Lachman is cast in an unknown role.
- On February 19, it was announced that Scott Haze is cast in an unknown role.
- On February 19, they begun filming on Vancouver Island, Canada.
- On February 25, it was announced that Jurassic World: Dominion would be the title of the film and filming had commenced.
- On March 9, they set tease filming near London.
- On March 11, it was announced that Michael Giacchino will compose Jurassic World: Dominion.
- On March 13, Universal had decided to halt production indefinitely due to the worldwide coronavirus pandemic.
- On April 20, the movie will show dinosaurs in the snow.
- On May 22, the producer Frank Marshall said that Jurassic World: Dominion will be the start of a new era and won't be the end of the franchise.
- On June 15, Universal is set to resume filming of Dominion on July 6th in the United Kingdom with some safety protocols over the coronavirus pandemic.
- On June 25, it was announced that Campbell Scott will portray Lewis Dodgson, replacing Cameron Thor who portrayed him in Jurassic Park, due to Thor being arrested in 2016 and sentenced to 6 years in jail for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
- On July 6, filming resumed at Pinewood Studios.
- Jurassic World: Dominion will mark the first time since the original Jurassic Park that Sam Neil, Laura Dern, and Jeff Goldblum reprised their original roles together in a Jurassic Park movie. Dominion also marks twenty years since Neil and Dern reprised their roles as Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler together in film.
- Dominion, however, is not the first time Neil, Dern, and Goldblum reprised their roles together in Jurassic Park media since the original film. The three reprised their respective roles in the non canon "Return to Jurassic Park" DLC of the video game Jurassic World Evolution.
- Jurassic World: Dominion marks the fourth film appearance of actors B. D. Wong and Jeff Goldblum as their respective characters Henry Wu and Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park movies. This makes both Wong and Goldblum tied as the actors appearing the most in Jurassic Park movies in total.
- Nearly all of the cast is comprised of actors and characters who originated in prior Jurassic Park or Jurassic World films:
- Sam Neil, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, and B.D. Wong debuted in the first movie. Neil and Dern reprised their roles in Jurassic Park III, Goldblum reprised his role in The Lost World: Jurassic Park and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Wong reprised his role in Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- The character of Lewis Dodgson was portrayed by actor Cameron Thor in the first film. The character returns but now portrayed by American actor Campbell Scott.
- Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Omar Sy, and Jake Johnson all debuted in Jurassic World and both Pratt and Howard returned in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Justice Smith, Daniella Pineda, and Isabella Sermon debuted in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
- Dominion will use more animatronics than any of the films in the Jurassic World trilogy.
- The movie will have their first feathered dinosaurs.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Scott, Ryan (September 11, 2016). Jurassic World 2 Director Confirms New Trilogy Is Coming. MovieWeb. Retrieved June 14, 2018
- ↑ Scribner, Herb. (May 23, 2020). ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ is unlikely to be the final ‘Jurassic Park’ film DeseretNews. Retrieved June, 14, 2020
- ↑ Nicholson, Amy (January 13, 2010). EXCLUSIVE: 'Captain America' & 'JP4' News Box Office. Retrieved June 14, 2018
- ↑ Christ (September 21, 2015) Colin Trevorrow reveals the plot direction for Jurassic World 2 and confirms a Jurassic World trilogy! Scified. Retrieved June 14, 2018
- ↑ (February 21, 2018). JURASSIC WORLD 3 WILL BE RELEASED JUNE 11, 2021. Jurassic World. Retrieved June 30, 2018
- ↑ Cotter, Padraig (March 28, 2018). Jurassic World 3: Jeff Goldblum Hints at Special Cameos Screenrant. Retrieved June 14, 2018
- ↑ Squires, John (May 7, 2018). No More Hybrid Dinosaurs in ‘Jurassic World 3,’ Colin Trevorrow Says Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved June 14, 2018
- ↑ Squires, John (April 19, 2018). Colin Trevorrow Teases That ‘Jurassic World 3’ Will Be a “Science Thriller”. Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved June 24, 2018
- ↑ Evans, Josh (July 25, 2018). Legendary Entertainment May Not Be Involved with Jurassic World 3. Jurassic Outpost. Retrieved July 25, 2018
- ↑ Jack (December 13, 2018). Exclusive: Colin Trevorrow Shares His Experiences with ‘Fallen Kingdom’ + Talks Hopes for ‘Jurassic World 3’! Jurassic Outpost. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Fleming Jr, Mike (September 24, 2019). ‘Jurassic Park’ Trio Laura Dern, Sam Neill & Jeff Goldblum Returning For ‘Jurassic World 3’ Deadline. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Hemmert, Kylie (October 17, 2019). Mamoudou Athie Joins Jurassic World 3 ComingSoon. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Kroll, Justin (October 18, 2019). ‘Jurassic World 3’ Casts DeWanda Wise in Leading Role (EXCLUSIVE) Variety. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Hermanns, Grant (November 7, 2019). Daniella Pineda & Justice Smith Set to Return For Jurassic World 3 ComingSoon. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Kit, Borys (February 13, 2020). Jake Johnson, Omar Sy to Return for New 'Jurassic World' Movie The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Foutch, Haleigh (February 18, 2020). ‘Jurassic World 3’ Adds ‘Altered Carbon’ and ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Star Dichen Lachman Collider. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ D'Alessandro, Anthony (February 19, 2020). ‘Jurassic World 3’: ‘Venom’ & ‘Antlers’ Actor Scott Haze Joins Colin Trevorrow Pic Deadline. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ filmmusicreporter (March 11, 2020). Michael Giacchino to Return for ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ Film Music Reporter. Retrieved June 14, 2020
- ↑ Wiseman, Andreas (June 15, 2020). Universal’s ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ On Course To Be First Major Studio Movie Back Underway In UK, Detailed Safety Protocols Revealed Deadline. Retrieved June 15, 2020
- ↑ https://comicbook.com/movies/news/jurassic-world-dominion-park-return-lewis-dodgson-campbell-scott/
- ↑ https://ew.com/movies/jurassic-world-dominion-returns-to-set/
- ↑ https://collider.com/jurassic-world-3-animatronic-dinosaurs-colin-trevorrow-interview/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Brycenator100/status/1284909950087700480