| "'Ooh, ah,' that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and screaming."
This page contains spoilers from an upcoming, or newly released, installment of the Jurassic Park franchise. If you don't want spoilers, leave the page!
The Jurassic World Lagoon was created around during the construction of Jurassic World where a Mosasaurus was placed there. An aquarium was built around it that contained other prehistoric aquatic life as well as allowing visitors to have a safe close look at the Mosasaurus residing in the Jurassic World lagoon. Visitors could also view the Mosasaur by attending the Mosasaurus Feeding Show by sitting in a tribune above the lagoon. The tribune would then descend so the attendants could see a full view of the titular Mosasaurus.
During the Isla Nublar Incident of 2015 some of the park's Pteranodons snatched Jurassic World employee Zara Shealy and dropped her into the Jurassic World Lagoon, where she and one of the Pteranodons harassing her were both eaten by the Mosasaur.
At the end of the battle between the Indominus rex, the park's veteran Tyrannosaurus rex, and Blue the Velociraptor, the Mosasaurus beached itself to catch the hybrid in its jaws and dragged it to the bottom of the lagoon, thus killing it and saving the park.
Years later, a submarine was sent down to the bottom of the lagoon to retrieve one of the bones from the I. rex. Although they succeeded, sending the bone to the surface, the sub was attacked and sunk by the Mosasaurus, who also leaped out of the water and ate mercenary Jack as he clung to the rescue ladder of a helicopter flying over the lagoon and then escaped out the lagoon gates (left open for the sub) into the open sea.
- There is a similarly named location called the "Jurassic Lagoon" located in the Isla Nublar Adventure Park that visitors who purchased the Adrenaline Package can bungee jump over.
- It is unsure what kind of "proto-aquatic creatures" the Jurassic World map refers to. It is possible that these creatures could simply be prehistoric fish as the "Play" page of Jurassicworld.com there is a photo of some fish in the section about the Underwater Observatory and the icon for the observatory is of a fish skeleton.
The Jurassic World Lagoon is seen in Jurassic World: The Game as well as the Mosasaurus that lives inside of it. However, the Jurassic World Lagoon's appearance in the game originally was purely cosmetic, meaning the player can not create animals, buildings, and/or decorations for it nor can they collect earnings from the body of water. This was until September 30, 2015 when the Mosasaurus tournament appeared where the player can win a Mosasaurus to add the the lagoon to be an asset to the park. The lagoon in-game is divided into 3 large biome enclosures, one for each different type of aquatic animal- Surface, Reef and Cave. It also contains arenas used in events and PVP battles.
Then, in December 11, 2015, 9 more aquatic creatures were added to the game, which can be switched between each other at the lagoon where the player can feed and evolve them separately. The new creatures were Ammonite, Dakosaurus, Dunkleosteus, Kronosaurus, Leptocleidus, Psephoderma, Megalodon, Prognathodon, and Styxosaurus. 8 more creatures were added on March 16th, 2016: Baculites, Geosaurus, Helicoprion, Liopleurodon, Mauisaurus, Plesiosaurus, Trinacromerum, and Xiphactinus.
Archelon was added to the game as a limited edition tournament creature on April 15th, 2016 which must be unlocked by winning a Archelon pack from either the roulette or if the player places in the top 1% of the Archelon tournament.
Edestus was added to the game as a limited edition tournament creature on September 9th, 2016 which must be unlocked by winning a Edestus pack from either the roulette or if the player places in the top 1% of the Edestus tournament.
Bananogmius was added to the game as a limited edition tournament creature on November 25th, 2016 which must be unlocked by winning a Bananogmius pack from either the roulette or if the player places in the top 1% of the Bananogmius tournament.
Umoonasaurus was added as a limited edition tournament creature on March 10th, 2017 which must be unlocked by winning a Umoonasaurus pack from either the roulette or if the player places in the top 1% of the Umoonasaurus tournament.
The VIP-exclusive aquatic animal Rhomaleosaurus was added on June 20th, 2017.
A new tournament cave, Gillicus, was added on June 13th, 2018.
Rhizodus was added on July 27, 2018.
A legendary surface Kaiwhekea was added on September 21, 2018.
Hauffiosaurus was added on February 19, 2019.
A VIP Exclusive cave creature Tusoteuthis was added on April 19, 2019.
The Jurassic World Lagoon appears in the LEGO Jurassic World video game. Its role is similar to the Jurassic World film. The Jurassic World Lagoon is also the only area where the Mosasaurus and the Custom Mosasaurus can be spawned.
- ↑ Jurassicworld.com - Mosasaurus Feeding Show. Retrieved from http://www.jurassicworld.com/park-map/mosasaurus-feeding-show/
- ↑ In the Jurassic Park brochure and maps of Isla Nublar from 1993 show no evidence of the lagoon's existence prior to Jurassic World's construction. Unless the lagoon's existence is a retcon, it is safe to conclude that the lagoon was created during the construction of Jurassic World.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Jurassic World
- ↑ Jurassic World map
- ↑ Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- ↑ Jurassicworld.com - Adrenaline Package. Retrieved from http://www.jurassicworld.com/tickets/adrenaline/
- ↑ Jurassicworld.com - Play Retrieved from http://www.jurassicworld.com/plan-your-visit/play/