Koolasaurus first appeared in the game as an opponent in the battle arena with no way of creating it for the player's own personal park. This was until June 10, 2015, where it could be created by fusing a Level 40 Sarcosuchus and a Level 40 Koolasuchus together.
Behind the scenes
- Koolasaurus is similar to the labyrinthodont that appeared in the ITV series Primeval that was a gigantic amphibian with crocodilian-like scales.
- The head of Koolasaurus is similar to that of an American bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus) or a Cane toad (Rhinella marina).
- Presumably due to the fact that both genera making up the hybrid have names that both end in "suchus", Koolasaurus is among the few hybrids to have a name that is not a mixture of the names of either creatures that were hybridized to make it.
- Koolasaurus Evolution #4 message.
- Koolasaurus Evolution #2 message.