The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
Maiasaura is an unlockable dinosaur in Jurassic World Evolution.
Maiasaura fossils are unlocked once the player builds their third expedition and fossil centers on Isla Tacano.
Base Stats (at 100% Genome)
- Egg Mountain
- Alpine Pattern
- Savannah Pattern
- Woodland Pattern
- Wetland Pattern
- Coastal Pattern
Maiasaura has 9 Gap ID slots to modify.
- Maiasaura is a hadrosaur which eats moderate amounts from ground herbivore feeders.
- They live in large social groups to survive predation and like to have dinosaurs from other species nearby.
- They like good sized grassland areas with a slightly smaller coverage of forest.
- They are vulnerable to all predators.
|Ideal Population||4 - 23|
|Social Group||4 - 12|
- Maiasaura was a large hadrosaur (duck-billed dinosaur). Its name means 'good mother lizard' in reference to the first finds of nests and young. It was the first dinosaur in space when Loren Acton took fossils on a Spacelab mission in 1985.
- Their distinctive crest was likely used in head-butting contests. They could walk on four or two legs, and they most likely lived in vast herds.
- The first find for Maiasaura was a skull in 1979. Since then other finds have been uncovered around Montana. These finds also provided the first proof that large dinosaurs raised and fed their young.
- The Two Medicine Formation was a semi-arid region with conifers, ferns and horsetail plants.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.