The Placidusaur is a turtle-like marine hybrid in Minecraft Jurassic World comprised of either Stygimoloch or Parasaurolophus (dependent on the player), "Turtle" DNA (presumably either the green sea turtle (Chelonia mydas) or leatherback sea turtle (Dermochelys coriacea)), and "Herbivore" DNA (from any herbivorous animal).
Notable Game Appearances
Placidusaur is one of the various hybrids that can be created in the game. In order to create Placidusaur, a player must acquire 3 samples of either Stygimoloch or Parasaurolophus DNA, 2 samples of Turtle DNA, and 1 sample of Herbivore DNA.
- All Minecraft Jurassic World hybrids are unique in that they can be made from multiple sources of varying DNA; in Placidusaur's case it can be made with either Stygimoloch or Parasaurolophus DNA.
- Interestingly, the hybrid resembles a turtle more than it does Stygimoloch or Parasaurolophus.
- Placidusaur is the only hybrid that required another DNA color other than red to be created (specifically Green DNA (the color determining if an animal is either an herbivore or a carnivore)). All other hybrids are created exclusively using Red DNA.
- It is the only hybrid in the game that is able to be bred and also be made for aquatic movement.
- Its description in the Innovation Center reveals that the Placidusaur was created in response to visitors' requests to swim with an aquatic creature.
- It is also revealed that the Placidusaur was specially designed to have a bad taste to allow it to swim with the Mosasaurus without risk of being eaten.