| "'Ooh, ah,' that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and screaming."
This page contains spoilers from an upcoming, or newly released, installment of the Jurassic Park franchise. If you don't want spoilers, leave the page!
Things Fall Apart is the fourth episode in the Netflix series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. The episode was released on September 18, 2020.
Darius remembers the promise he made to his dad. Elsewhere on the island, the campers find themselves face-to-face with a newly freed threat.
In a flashback, Darius discusses dinosaurs with his dad, as the two shared a passion for paleontology. Darius' father appears to have serious health issues. The scene cuts back to reality with Darius longingly looking at a picture of himself and his dad.
Meanwhile, Dave and Roxie are forced to leave camp to discuss important matters with their boss Claire Dearingleaving a note behind suggesting the group engage in indoor activities. Brooklynn suddenly notices her device is missing and suspects Sammy has something to do with it, shortly before Yasmina Fadoula rushes to Sammy's defense. The campers hear a distant roar in the background, intrigued they decide to explore and go against the camp counselors wishes (although Ben appears reluctant to do so). The campers leave to soon however, as a radio call warns that an asset has escaped containment.
While the campers are out on the watchtower, a few cautious staff members frantically warn the group of the incoming danger. At that moment the Indominus Rex comes out of nowhere and proceeds to kill and devour the two staff, now making its way towards the kids. Terrified, Sammy loses her footing almost falling to down her death, forcing the group to pull her back up.
Once Sammy regains her footing, the group forced to act quickly attempt to make their escape via the zip lines; the attempt however proves unsuccessful as the zip lines are jammed and there is no zip lines remaining for Darius. Thinking on his feet Darius prepares to run forward instructing Yaz to catch him. The plan comes soon into play, Darius and Yaz begin to accelerate using their momentum to their advantage, soon colliding with the remaining campers. The force from the collision is enough to keep the group moving. However the groups celebrations are cut short, as the zip line rope snaps, sending the campers plummeting to the jungle floor.
In a past flashback, Darius is discussing dinosaurs beside his gravely ill father resting in hospital. He insists his father will recover in time for them to go to Jurassic World despite his father's health complications. Back in reality the group of campers battered and bruised wake up, finding themselves in the middle of the jungle. They embark on a journey back to the camp, finally reaching the wreckage, and what remains of the camp, now realizing they are on their own.
Brooklynn demands Sammy returns her phone, a reveals she doesn't care about the samples she took or that she was caught sneaking into Dr. Wu's lab leaving the remaining campers shocked, although Sammy denies everything. The group now feels defeated and unable to move forward. However Darius presents a short speech and tells the remaining campers they will not give up; inspired by his speech, the group decides to keep moving forward.
Characters and Cast
- Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius Bowman, a camper and dinosaur expert
- Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, a camper and social media personality
- Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon, a camper and the son of a businessman
- Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez, a boisterous and friendly camper
- Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus, a sensitive and bookish camper
- Kausar Mohammed as Yaz Fadoula, an athletic and somewhat shy and introverted camper
- Jameela Jamil as Roxie, a camp counselor
- Glen Powell as Dave, a camp counselor
- Keston John as Fredrick Bowman, father of Darius and dinosaur enthusiast
- This episode is where Camp Cretaceous begins to coincide with the events of Jurassic World.
- The episode likely takes place immediately after the Indominus rex's escape from its enclosure and prior to it encountering the ACU nearby the Gallimimus Valley.
- This is the first time that the campers of Camp Cretaceous to encounter the Indominus Rex.
- This is the first episode that Darius mentions the original survivors' names of Jurassic Park, Dr. Grant and Sattler.