During the events of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, Toro appears extremely aggressive, much like most carnivores bred for Jurassic World, especially after his snout was injured while attempting to devour Darius. Toro was very persistent while hunting, even climbing stair he could that consistently caused him to trip for his targets. He also may back off from more powerful predators as it seemed likely he ran off from the Indominus rex that broke into his habitat.
Toro is physically identical to most Carnotaurus, being reddish-brown in color with black patterns and having a build common of his species, except with a stunted horn on the right side of his head. Toro's most distinguishing feature was a large scar on the right side of his snout, comming from a failed attempt to catch Darius. By the end of the first season, Toro was covered in severe burns all over his body except his tail, giving him a darker coloration.
Toro had shown to heal some time later as his burns became darker and his distinct facial scar from Darius had healed.
Toro was one of the many dinosaurs cloned by InGen and Masrani Global for exhibition in Jurassic World on Isla Nublar. However, at some point in his life, Toro became overly aggressive and had to be moved to a separate enclosure away from the public's eye.
Toro stumbled upon and attacked Darius Bowman and Kenji Kon when they broke into his pen. The pair managed to buy themselves time by using Toro's inability to make sharp turns against him, which caused the animal to trip up, before escaping from the paddock through a feeding cage. While attempting to reach Darius, who was unable to open the cage's opening, Toro scraped his face around the metal of the cage, receiving a large scar across his face.
A few days later, the recently escaped Indominus rex arrived at Toro's paddock. After engaging in a brief confrontation with the Carnotaurus, the Indominus broke through the fence of Toro's paddock. However, the Indominus left without harming him, leaving Toro free to escape and roam the park.
As Toro roamed the park, he unintentionally put himself in the way of Darius and Kenji's group at the Mosasaurus Feeding Show when they tried to reach the park's monorail. At first he did not notice the group, being preoccupied playing with a barrel until Brooklynn, Kenji, and Sammy bumped into each other and gained his attention. He attempted to investigate the disturbance, but was quickly distracted by Darius throwing a rock. Once he lost interest in the rock, Toro began sniffing the group out as they were climbing the stairs to the park's monorail, eventually becoming alerted by their presence when the monorail's automated greeting played. He attacked them, but kept tripping on the stairs, which eventually broke beneath his weight and sent the animal plummeting to the ground, allowing the kids to escape. Toro soon recovered from his fall and returned to the Jurassic World Lagoon, scarring off camp counsellors Dave and Roxie, who had arrived to look for the lost campers.
Later that night, Toro managed to find his way into the park's tunnel system, where he once again encountered and attacked Darius' group, eventually losing them in some vents. He found them again after Darius and Yasmina Fadoula attempted to break open a vent cover, breaking through one behind them in an attempt to get to Brooklynn, although the group eventually managed to escape once they succeeded at breaking the cover in front of them. Toro quickly relocated them, however, and resumed his attack. Although he destroyed a trap set for him, but was lured into another one using compressed air tanks and a taser to light an explosion, heavily scarring and burning Toro in the process. Once he had recovered enough to stand, Toro glared down at Darius before limping away.
Sometime after the battle, Ben and Bumpy stumbled into Toro's new nest, causing him to territorially chase them until he lost interest. Over a week later, Ben returned to fight Toro in order to face down his fears and drive off the theropod so he could move past the clearing. Armed with a spear, Ben battled with and scratched Toro, only for Toro to throw Ben in the air in retaliation. Before Toro could kill Ben, Bumpy, now a subadult, appeared and attacked Toro, saving her human companion. Working together, Bumpy and Ben finally defeated Toro by forcing him off a cliff. Toro survived the fall.
Toro isn't seen, but is mentioned a couple of times by Ben.
- Toro's name is Spanish for "bull" and a reference to both a Carnotaur's horns resemblance to cattle horns as well as to Carnotaurus, which is Greek for "meat-eating bull".
- With the release of Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, it has become a popular fan theory that the scarred Carnotaurus at the end of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is indeed Toro, the male Carnotaurus from said series.
- Originally, in the storyboard concept for "Happy Birthday, Eddie!" from season 1, Toro was going to appear and have a bigger role in the episode, as being responsible for killing Eddie and chasing the campers through some shipping containers instead of the Indominus rex.
- Had this been kept in the finalized version, this would marked the first time Toro had successfully killed a human, as well as being the first Carnotaurus in the film canon to do so.
- Despite the change in the final version, the dent seen on the van matches Toro's head shape, not the Indominus rex's.
- In Season 4 episode 4: Rude Awakening, This is the first time that Toro is seen since the two previous seasons and mention in season 3. He made a brief appearance in Yaz's nightmare along with a Ceratosaurus and the two deceased hybrids - The Indominus Rex and Scorpios rex.
|Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous Characters|
|Angel • Ben Pincus • Big Eatie • Blue • Brandon Bowman • Brooklynn • Bumpy • Chaos • Charlie • Daniel Kon • Darius Bowman • Dave • Dawson • Delta • Echo • Eddie • Firecracker • Fredrick Bowman • Grim • Hap • Hawkes • Henry Wu • Kash D. Langford • Kenji Kon • Limbo • Little Eatie• Mae Turner • Maria • Mitch • Pierce • Pilot • Rebel • Rexy • Roxie • Sammy Gutierrez • Tiff • Toro • Yasmina Fadoula|