Turning Dr. Turner is the third episode of the fourth season in the Netflix series, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. The episode was released on December 3, 2021.
A strange tunnel takes the teens to a lush forest, where they meet a mysterious scientist studying dino behavior. The question is: Can they trust her?
At the other end of the hallway, the group finds themselves in a forest. After avoiding two T. rexes, they encounter Dr. Mae Turner, who is studying how dinosaurs interact with one another. She lives on the island and is not able to interact with the outside world because she does not have a phone. Because of past experiences, the group is immediately suspicious. They also discover she works for Mantah Corp. Yaz notices that Kenji has a crush on Brooklynn and tries to get them together, much to Kenji's annoyance. While Darius and Sammy distract Mae, the rest of the group go outside and to a place Mae told them not to go and spot BRAD, a robot that kills the Compy from the boat because it is an "unrecognized lifeform" on the island. Mae stops BRAD before it finds the rest of the group. Back inside, Sammy explains their situation and why they do not trust Mantah Corp. Mae goes outside to monitor a mother dinosaur and a daughter dinosaurs' eating habbits, with Darius and Sammy following them. The trio watches as two dinosaurs begin to hurt one another. Mae tries to summon BRAD but Kenji destroys the robot when it tries to kill Yaz and Ben. Another BRAD stops the dinosaurs from fighting. Mae and the group discover that Mantah Corp has been feeding the dinosaurs a new drug to make them highly aggressive. Meanwhile, a man gets an alert that a BRAD has been destroyed, and he becomes angry (Believing the dinosaurs destroyed it).
Characters and Cast
- Paul-Mikél Williams as Darius Bowman, a camper and dinosaur expert
- Sean Giambrone as Ben Pincus, a sensitive and bookish camper
- Kausar Mohammed as Yasmina Fadoula, an athletic camper
- Jenna Ortega as Brooklynn, a camper and social media personality
- Ryan Potter as Kenji Kon, a wealthy camper
- Raini Rodriguez as Sammy Gutierrez, a boisterous and friendly camper
- Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Dr. Mae Turner, a Behavioural Paleoneurobiologist researching dinosaur behaviour on Mantah Corp's island.
- Mae stating Mantah Corp took the T. rexes from Isla Sorna is a reference to one of the Dinosaur Protection Group's report, which stated that poaching is one of the factors that caused the island's declining population, as part of the viral marketing for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.