"The Lost Generation" is an intended reboot of the cinematic franchise. The basic assumption is that, while JP/JW franchise is great, there are things that can be fixed and become even better. Of course the good parts will stay, but as every respected reboot, there will be changes, some for new blood and some for improving the canon. I don't know if i'll be able to write the complete fanfic, so this time, i'll write it down. Pictures of the characters, main points, victims lists and so on. Just in case. This reboot will focus mainly on "The Lost World", JP3 and JW:FK. Parts 1 will stay practically the same, except for new actors and up to date dinosaurs. Part 4 will have only one change - Claire won't insult Lowery's manhood.
The Lost Generation - Back To Brain Work
Plot and setting
4 years after the Jurassic Park fiasco, the shockwaves are here to stay. Ian Malcolm is forced to join Hammond's cause and leave their rivalry behind. Between 2 kings who fights over a torn apart kingdom, all that's left for Malcolm is to keep people alive and stay alive.
Dinosaurs and other creatures
- Tyrannosaurus (the t-rex family)
- Deinonychus (the teenagers pack, both from the novel and the film)
- The chameleons carnotaurus from the novel (2)
Key heroic moments
- Malcolm confronting Hammond about his habit of carving his name over other's graves.
- Eddie saving his friends, but getting killed while doing so.
- Tembo pulls Malcolm and Sarah up the cliff, and even helping Bastille despite her actions.
- Tembo insists to prevent Kelly from hearing about Dieter's fate.
- Kelly killing the obsessed raptor.
- Bastille sacrifices herself for giving the group time to escape the chameleons.
- Tembo calls Heather out for her neglecting and callous behavior, and later come to the heroes group's aid.
- Malcolm and Sarah trying to get Baby-Rex before Heather does.
- Sarah fighting Heather and cooperating with the Buck to end her reign of terror.
- Hammond admits his stupidity in live broadcast, and tell people to just let nature do its course.
Key villainous moments
- Heather stepping on Baby-Rex's leg and break it. On purpose.
- Dieter electrocuted a compy, and occasionally encourage his fellow hunters to be as cruel to the dinosaurs as possible.
- Dieter threatens Bastile's life.
- Heahter refused to give Sarah a clean shirt, forcing her to go around with the t-rex blood smeared all over her.
- Heather knocked AJ out and left him to be devoured by the raptors as a part of her plan to hurt Tembo.
- The remaining InGen hunters followed Heather's order to hunt down and kill the heroes group.
- Heather released the Buck on San-Diego streets in order to recapture him and portray herself as a hero.
- Heather murdered Malcolm by shooting his neck with a rifle.
- Heather blaming Sarah at her own doing, fighting her to the death, and later try to kill Baby-Rex as a consolation prize out of pure spite.
Eddie Carr - Torn apart by the Buck and the Doe when he tried to save Malcolm, Sarah and Bastille.
Dieter Stark - Eaten alive by compies. By the time he got to the river, all that could be found was the parts they didn't like.
Most of InGen Hunters - Devided between the Doe and the teenage raptors.
AJ Samedy - Get smacked in the head with a rifle's handle by Heather Ludlow and left to be devoured by the raptors.
Bastille Nickson - lured the chameleons to her and blown herself, taking one of the beasts with her.
The remaining InGen hunters - Some are snatched out of nowhere by the remaining chameleon, and some others are being tranquilized by Tembo.
Ian Malcolm - Sarah and Malcolm rushed with the baby to the abandoned facility in order to lure the Buck away from the highroads. A cop stopped them for inspection. Malcolm provoked the cop by saying "if you really want to stop us, you'll have to shoot us", only to be shot in the neck by Heather Ludlow, who came out of the shadows holding a rifle. Malcolm is my second favorite JP character, but Heather is deadly, and I refuse to use improbable plot armors just because of my feelings toward certain characters.
Heather Ludlow - Sarah was forced to leave Malcolm's corpse behind her when she entered the storehouse. The young t-rex was there, desperately calling for help. Heather narrowly missed Sarah's head a couple of time, hitting only her shoulder. Sarah made sure that Baby-Rex is out of range, and then drawn her tranquillizer. A shootout ensued. Heather jumped on Sarah with a hunting knife. Sarah fended her off with her tranquilizer's handle to Heather's ribs, wishing to cause her rival the same pain cause to her when Malcolm was murdered. Heather kicked the tranquilizer out of Sarah's hands and slashed her face with the knife, almost taking her eye out. The rest of the fight is pending.
"How Many times must you carve your name on other people's tombstones? How many times must the point be made? You're causing your own extinction! Too many red lines have been crossed. Everyone's existence was changed in fundamental ways, but you're deluded by your megalomania. Genetic power has now been unleashed, and of course, that is going to be catastrophic. Since the change was Inevitable from the moment you brought the first dinosaur back from extinction. you convinced yourself that creation is an act of sheer will, but neglected to realize that your dreams are nightmares. Thanks to your vision, humans and dinosaurs, this time without any fences, are now going to be forced to coexist. These creatures were here before us, and if we're not careful, they’re going to be here, after. The park is closed. Welcome to the real world". (Malcolm calling Hammond out).
"Watch the dress. It's worth more than your education". (Heather insulting Malcolm. Just like in the canon, this is one of the harshest insults I ever heard, both in real life and in movies. People might kill me for saying it, but this sentence alone is something only a villain can say).
"It was either being with you or being with my mother, who left me and went to Paris. Hard choice" (Kelly's Sarcastic answer to why she joined Malcolm against his will).
"Heather, if you want me to run your little camping trip, there are two conditions: firstly, I'm in charge, and when I'm not around, Dieter is. All you need to do is sign the checks, tell us we're doing a good job, and open your case of Scotch when we have a good day. Second condition: my fee? You can keep it. All I want in exchange for my services is the right to hunt one of the tyrannosaurs. A male, a buck only. How and why are my business. Now, if you don't like either of those two conditions, you're on your own. So go ahead, set up base camp right here, or in a swamp, or in the middle of a Rex nest for all I care. But I've been on too many safaris with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas, OK?" (Tembo lecturing Heather about common sense, priorities and balance of power).
"I didn't say dinosaurs doesn't feel pain. I said I don't give a fuck" (Dieter to a fellow hunter during an argument about dinosaurs ethics).
Other quotes are pending.