The Velocirapteryx was bred for mobility and ferocity. A raptor's razor claws, jagged spines and the flight capability of the Archaeopteryx combine to make it one of the most dangerous of the genetically altered dinosaurs. Highly intelligent and clever, it usually stalks its prey in packs and has been known to hunt for sport.
- The skull resembles an accurate Velociraptor rather than the traditional Jurassic Park Velociraptor, though it is unknown whether this was deliberate or a coincidental attempt to make it appear more bird-like.
- Due to the shape of its skull and the fact it possesses feathers, the Velocirapteryx resembles a real Velociraptor more closely than the ones in the movies do.
- The enlarged finger is similar to those of Pterosaurs or Scansoriopterygids, rather than the wings of birds.
- Also, the wing feathers seem to be on the enlarged finger alone, when there should be feathers on the entire wing.
- It originally retailed for $12.99 (USD).
This was probably one of the most recognized, and popular dinosaurs of the Chaos Effect line.