| "'Ooh, ah,' that's how it always starts. But then later there's running and screaming."
This page contains spoilers from an upcoming, or newly released, installment of the Jurassic Park franchise. If you don't want spoilers, leave the page!
- "Don't just stand there!"
- —Zara to Zach and Gray before being carried away by an oncoming Pteranodon(src)
Zara Young was the personal assistant of Claire Dearing.
Hailing from the United Kingdom, Zara began working at Jurassic World sometime in 2010 where she became the personal assistant for Claire Dearing, the Senior Assets Manager for the park. At some point, she became engaged to a man named Alec.
Zara was assigned to look after Claire's nephews, Zach and Gray, while they were visiting Jurassic World, picking them up as soon as they arrived on the island, though she was not very enthusiastic about it. She accompanied the boys when they entered the Innovation Center and was later with them during their tour of the park. While they're at the Gentle Giants Petting Zoo, Zara is seen being busy on her phone, going over her wedding details. The Mitchell brothers took advantage of this and ditched her to explore the park on their own. Given afterward, the Indominus rex broke free and put the park into an emergency situation. Claire called Zara, only for the distressed assistant to say that the boys "had ran away". Eventually she reencountered the boys in Main Street, shortly before the Jurassic World Aviary's inhabitants invaded the area.During the attack, Zara was snatched and taken into the air by a Pteranodon. Tumbling out of the pterosaur's grip, she was grabbed by another Pteranodon before falling into the Jurassic World Lagoon. As one of the Pteranodons tried to retrieve her, nearly drowning her in the process, the Mosasaurus emerged from the water and clamped its mighty jaws shut on the pterosaur, accidentally killing Zara as well.
Claire seemed to have trusted Zara enough to entrust her with looking after her nephews.
Zach and Gray Mitchell
Though Zara was assigned to look after the boys during their visit, she was unenthusiastic about the task and preferred to discuss her wedding details on her phone, which resulted in them leaving her and nearly getting killed by the Indominus rex. Despite this, they are horrified when she is killed.
Zara provides the player missions in Jurassic World: The Game.
Zara first appears in the level "Welcome to Jurassic World", but does not become playable until the level "Under Attack". Her abilities are being able to scream loudly to the point of shattering glass and being highly acrobatic. As with the film she appears in, she is eaten by the Mosasaurus. At the end of the Jurassic World section, she is seen playing cards with the Indominus rex and other Jurassic World employees inside the Mosasaurus' stomach.
Zara is a young woman in her 20s. She has long dark brown hair, fair skin, and green eyes. She wears a light gray shirt over a spotted white blouse. She also wears black skinny jeans and brown block heels, with a brown handbag.
Behind the scenes
- Zara earns the rather dubious distinction of being the first major on-screen death of a female human character in the Jurassic Park series. Another woman, Laura Sorkin from Jurassic Park: The Game, has died in a similar fashion by being eaten by a Tylosaurus a relative of Mosasaurus.
- Zara's death is considered by many to be one of the most gruesome deaths in the series, due to its torturous nature and lengthiness.
- In a leaked audition side, Zara's lines were spoken by an unnamed concierge at the Hilton Isla Nublar Resort and Spa.
- Storyboards show that elements of her death scene were intended to go to different characters. As depicted in the storyboards, a park ranger is grabbed by a Pteranodon in front of Zach and Gray and a member of a news crew is eaten by the Mosasaurus after Pteranodons cause his helicopter to crash into its lagoon.
- Interestingly, or oddly, after Zara is killed no one mentions her again in the film.
- Zara is the only major character involved in the incident to not have encountered the Indominus rex.
- Zara can be seen at the start of the film reading God Creates Dinosaurs, a book written by Dr. Ian Malcolm, a major character in the first and second films.
- Interviews with the movie cast and crew reveal Katie McGrath, Zara's actress, performed her own stunts in the film. McGrath was strapped to a harness which pulled her high into the air, representing the Pteranodon, and dipped her into a pool representing the Jurassic World Lagoon over and over.
- Zara speaks with a posh English accent in the film. McGrath is actually from the Republic of Ireland.
- Zara's last name is never revealed in the films, though the video games Lego Jurassic World, Jurassic World: The Game, and Jurassic World: Evolution give it as Young. In the book, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Survival Guide, it is given as Shealy, though Jack Ewins has confirmed the book is not part of film canon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Jurassic World
- ↑ Masrani News, May 2015
- ↑ Meet new characters in leaked Jurassic World script pages (February 27, 2014) Retrieved from http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/02/27/meet-new-characters-in-leaked-jurassic-world-script-pages-1257420?lt_source=external,manual
- ↑ Chris Pugh - Twitter
- ↑ Creating the Dinosaurs of Jurassic World. Youtube